Tuesday 5 February 2013

Something Fun

So a bit of delay between this and the last post. I was intending to post on Sunday, however I got distracted by 3D movies on my 3D telly. Rather than being the 2nd part of my musings on legendary weapons this is going to be something a bit fun and random.  Read after the break to find out what :)

So here goes - in my very first guild we used to ask about peoples most embarrassing WoW moment, as a kind of icebreaker to help get new people to relax and start talking etc. So now I'm going to relate to the blogging world my most embarrassing moment from my six years of playing WoW :)

Back when I first started playing I remember questing through Elwynn Forest and I stumbled upon a quest in Goldshire that sent me to the Dwarven District of Stormwind. Little did I know at the time that this quest would embark me on a monumental adventure. Upon arriving in Stormwind and wondering round getting my bearings and just looking at the place (this was around 3-4 days after I had started so I was still doing a lot of sightseeing and unnecessary dieing) I eventually found the NPC I needed. Upon handing in the quest he gave me a follow up quest that required me to go to Ironforge.


Safety
After a bit of head scratching and much consulting with the map I decided my best course would be to head through Elwynn onto Redridge, from there I would head up to the Burning Steppes through the Searing gorge into the Badlands, from there into Loch Modan and finally into Dun Moragh and Ironforge. Initially this route was a dream as most of the roads through Elwynn and Redridge are patrolled by NPC guards. Unfortunately once I got the the Burning Steppes the "fun" really began.

Foreboding
I had not taken into account the difference in levels between my little around lvl 10 mage, who in those days was very squishy, and the mobs that were around lvls 40-50 that I was now attempting to run through. Needless to say a lot of death and corpse running ensued though I did eventually make it to Ironforge.

The Tram :)
Those of you reading this make have all ready noticed the glaring mistake I made in the form of the Deeprun Tram. With hindsight I doubt I would have had half as much fun as I did and it taught me a valuable lesson. If you are unsure or do not know about anything then ask people, there is always someone who is willing to help/advise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment