Thursday 31 January 2013

Legendaries Part 1

Finally :)
Ok so today I want to air my thoughts on legendaries, not the weekly round table style web show hosted by gamebreaker TV. Though if you do not watch it I would definitely recommend it; its both informative and funny. (Legendary) Instead I will be pontificating about the current legendary system that is in place in MoP at the moment. What brought this topic to my mind is that this week I finally completed quest chain, see the pic. While this may seem quite slow, as in a month or so the third instalment will be available, raiding has not gone smoothly this expansion for both myself and my guild. I also confess that I have not been very dedicated towards farming for the sigils of Power and Wisdom from LFR. I am going to approach this from two sides firstly as a guild leader then as a player. This blog will cover my opinions as a guild leader, you will have to wait for the 2nd half for my opinions as a player.


Ok so coming into this expansion with the changes that have been made to the way legendaries were going to work/be acquired. As part of my guilds leadership we were looking forward to this. Partly due to the issues that we have had in previous raids with legendarys. For example, in Firelands we had the problem that I think many guilds had, with over half of our DPS being eligible for Dragonwrath. Ultimately we went with giving the first one to the member of our raid team who offered the most to the guild and to the raid team, in both advice to others players attendance for raids and general raid behaviour. Needless to say there were some people who disagreed with the decision, however I felt that no matter who we gave it to the staff was such an awesome upgrade there would have always been somebody upset. In stark contrast to this, while we were clearing through Dragon Soul we did not have a rogue in our raid team or any one who wanted to use their rogue as a raid toon. So for nearly 3 months of procreational raiding we were not collecting or working towards any part of the legendary daggers. With these past experiences in mind, the decision to remove the exclusive nature of the legendary items was a good one in our opinions. It helped to limit one of the major negative factors of legendary, namely the drama that arrives when you have to choose one person to bestow what is normally a BiS item.

Ok so as a Guild leader I like the new legendary system, it removes the importance of choosing who is to receive the item from the guild. Placing the emphasis instead on the players to farm and work on obtaining a very powerful item. On the whole anything that helps to remove the pressure off of both Raid/Guild leaders is a good thing - allowing you to spend more time playing the game and less on placating individual members who feel they deserve the orange shinys. :)

Tune in a few days time for the concluding part of this rant.


No comments:

Post a Comment